Some New Moves From a Big Chap
Hello again, John here, these blogs seem to be coming around quicker and quicker each time. I’ve just got back from another training day for The Full Monty show that I’m doing which is only a month away now. The dance routine is a big challenge, we all have to be in sync for a whole two minutes, but this easily feels like two hours!
But, it’s all for a great cause, and something I’m very passionate about, and it will raise a lot of money for Prostate Cancer. Also, having said this, I’m actually a pretty good mover for a big chap, but dropping the clothes whilst dancing is another challenge…
I was expecting to be all settled into my new home by now as well, but with the weather and other complications this has been held-up. But these things happen, and when the time is right, it will be right for us, everything happens for a reason.
With this in mind, and the weather being so cold and chaotic lately, both myself and the guys at Creditfix thought it might be helpful to all of you if we put some tips together about keeping your house and your family warm on a budget, because keeping your house warm when it’s this cold can be expensive:
- Get thick curtains – You may just think your curtains are to keep everyone from seeing into your living room once it turns dark. But, closing them when it’s cold outside will prevent the cold from your windows getting into your home. Big, thick curtains are a great investment to save money on bills when the temperature drops.
- Block out draughts – There really is nothing worse when you’re wrapped up warm and cosy, than a bitterly cold draught hitting the back of your neck and sending shivers down your spine! So, make sure that you are blocking draughts wherever you can, you can pick up draught excluders with little expense and pop them at the bottom of doors. Or for free, use some towels.
- Reflect that sweet heat – Grab yourself some old cardboard and cover it with foil. Pop this behind your radiators, and the heat will reflect around the room. Your house will warm up quicker, and you will retain more of the heat from your radiators, getting the most for your money!
- Blankets are best – If it is REALLY cold, but whacking up the heating isn’t a viable option, get the blankets out and line the walls, you’ll feel like you’re living in a big den, and the cold from the walls will be kept at bay.
- Hug it out – Got any pets, your kids, or partner? Have a cuddle, especially your pets, they’re walking balls of heat. Snuggle up on the sofa and keep warm without spending a penny, and put a much-needed smile on your face.
Take care out there!
Keep up-to-date with what I’m doing over on my Twitter – @JohnHartson10.
If you need more information about the options available to you in dealing with your debt, you can always speak confidentially with one of our friendly advisors on 0808 2085 198.
28 February 2018
Do you qualify to reduce your debts?
Creditfix has helped over 92,000 people with their debts
Excellent rating on Trustpilot with a score of 9.4 out of 10
Our Insolvency Practitioners have over 70 years’ combined experience